Scanner abuse!

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Scanner abuse!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue May 25, 2010 12:02 am

I thought I was just imagining it, but on more than one occasion last Saturday at the UKCs I noticed that the scanner didn't look right and in the heat of battle I would have difficulty pinpointing Barber to receive a long ball, or checking the status of my defence.
Maybe I had been away from the Amiga for too long? I let it pass.

After an evening of processing the recorded games, I've spotted the problem. Scanner tampering!! It's been a well established rule that scanner size is one setting that must be agreed by both players before any alteration can go ahead but this seems to have been overlooked on Saturday.

As it seems to be the Birmingham locals who are involved, is this just a KOBRA habit unconsciously spilling over into the UKCs? Or a more sinister means of UKC domination!?!?
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: Scanner abuse!

Postby gdh82 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:56 am

:yikes: FIX! Bit short of time right now (as I need to flee the country!)

I have to confess I am guilty of making the scanner one size bigger though would seek the agreement of my opponent in doing so. As you say, this is more a KOBRA habit than anything else, and I know Si does this too, and certainly not a ploy to disadvantage my competitor. Apologies if this was the case of course.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Tue May 25, 2010 10:10 am

Drag Si down with you Gary you coward!!!!!

to be fair Si has stopped changing the scanner size (or at least that seemed to be in the case in a few matches he was in, mine certainly) but there were a few others (all from Birmingham!) who are guilty of this terrible act!!!!

Incidently I still believe we should have a Final whistle Championships soon where we each get to pick an International side that we like as one of the rules :)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:16 am

That does it then, the UK champs is void and Steve Evil's title is revoked. Is next weekend same place good enough for everyone?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 am

durban wrote:to be fair Si has stopped changing the scanner size

Pay attention Durban ffs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_41FztyGDFs

GUILTY AS CHARGED!!

I'm with Alkis on this one. The KOBRA members should be erased from the tournament.

So who is our new UK champion? Robert Swift? Hang on, I've changed my mind :lol:
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue May 25, 2010 12:20 pm

OMFG!! You both used just 1/3 of the pitch!!!!!!!!!! there is no grass in the middle of the pitch now! If I knew I had written the 20 YEARS text inside the pitch! you just had 3 throws in the whole game!?!!?!?!!!!
btw, very nice goal by Steve @ 9'31" very good dribbling and nice shot. note that Simon had a good sliding block in a similar action, a couple of minutes before.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue May 25, 2010 6:52 pm

alkis21 wrote:That does it then, the UK champs is void. Is next weekend same place good enough for everyone?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm game! :D
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

Jam King

Postby Jam King » Tue May 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Ha Ha cheers Gaz for dropping me in it. I must confess that its a habit that Kobra has got into and its probably down to me. Its not a problem for me if I dont adjust it buts I do prefer the slightly bigger scanner. I did change it against Mr Camber and that did me fuck all good at all as I lost 6 - 2 may turn the scanner off next time he he.

anyway Gaz does it as well so there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way cheers Durban for the support, you taking notes Gaz ????????????
Simon K officially has the best defence in the world, not just the UK but the world !!! AGAIN!!!!!
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Iv just rebooked the Hotel for this Saturday and reodered the trophy that I got my refund on :lol:
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:51 am

Jam King wrote:by the way cheers Durban for the support, you taking notes Gaz ????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is so wrong, it's funny! :lol: And you're such a creep sometimes mate!! :P

Jam King wrote:I must confess that its a habit that Kobra has got into and its probably down to me.

That's a bit more like it, if a little understated. I was actually trying to point out that it's just me and you, and NOT Ste that does this. I wasn't meaning to drop you in it, but I will now! :lol: For years now Si has been the scanner man, the one to change it against us both. For a while I played default size v Ste and larger size v Si until recently where I've got back into enjoying the bigger version. You know its true mate! :) Anyway, this'll add an extra spice for our next encounter! I wonder who'll change the scanner size first.....

Steve1977 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Iv just rebooked the Hotel for this Saturday and reodered the trophy that I got my refund on :lol:

Seeya saturday then mate. :) You can win all over again!!!! :no1:

Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Steve Camber wrote:So who is our new UK champion? Robert Swift? Hang on, I've changed my mind :lol:

FUR.Q!!!
Yoda
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Probably my fault too. Didn't realise there was an actual rule against making it bigger, no-one complained at the time, or in last year's UK Champs.

I always played on PM with scanner on max and my large scanner habit has just been carried over. If I didn't ask if it was ok in every match I must apologise to everyone for disrupting your game and preventing you from reaching double figures against me. :lol: