Rules Update!! Information for the KO2 World Cup in in Austr

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

coldie

Rules Update!! Information for the KO2 World Cup in in Austr

Postby coldie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:49 am

Hi guys!

gianni told me about his experience regarding organizing tournaments and world cups and purposed me, to make a summary with all the necessary information about the world cup. i think, that this is a good idea and so, here we go :).

The drawing will take place at 13th November 2009, evening.

Date of World Cup: 14/15th November 2009

Tournament Location: Stadtsäle Voitsberg (Schillerstrasse 4, 8570 Voitsberg)

Official KO2 Hotel: Hotel Amira, Voitsberg, Conrad v. Hötzendorfstraße 17, 8570 Voitsberg (for reservations: reservation(at)hotel-amira.at)

If you would like to stay longer, the hotel offers you a big programm for your entertainment, like:

- the famous stölzle glas-center in bärnbach (there it will be shown how to make your own glas....)
- the famous "Hundertwasser-Church"
- Piber (home of the white horses)
- Flascherlzug Stainz (very small train, travel like 80 years or so before )
- Kernölmühle (where the famous Kernöl is produced (try it, you will love it)). This is a very typical styrian product!
- Running Schoko (chocolate) at the zotter schokolade company

Visiting Graz (capitol of styria) is also available

At last, the link for the hotel:

http://www.hotel-amira.at

You can reserve your rooms until mid october 2009!!!

Please remember the special prices:
Until 20 guests:
In the old part of the hotel (Stammhaus/parent house) € 28,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
In the new part of the hotel (Neubau/new building) € 36,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
Until 40 guests:
In the old part of the hotel (Stammhaus/parent house) € 26,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
In the new part of the hotel (Neubau/new building) € 34,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
Over 40 guests:
In the old part of the hotel (Stammhaus/parent house) € 20,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)
In the new part of the hotel (Neubau/new building) € 28,-- pro Person pro Nacht (per person per night)

Well, so now we come to the point: how to reach this small town in Austria :)?

Our nearest airport is the Graz International airport. (many cheap airliners are landing in graz (fly niki, air berlin, ryan air ....)). no sky europe :). From this airport you can travel by taxi to voitsberg (about half an hour, about 50 to 60 euros) or by bus/train. The bus (shuttle) will bring you from the airport to the "Graz Hauptbahnhof/central station", from where you can go by train (GKB (Graz Köflacher Bahn) to Voitsberg. From the Station in Voitsberg, you can take a taxi or if you haven't so much baggage, you can walk in about 15 min. by feet to the hotel. Trains are going about every half at afternoon and early evening, but after that only every hour until 10 pm.

Well, the location. There is a short video about the location

At last but not least a few examples for reaching the official KO 2 Hotel (google maps)

From Salzburg (for our german guests:)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=salzburg&daddr=Conrad+von+H%C3%B6tzendorf+Stra%C3%9Fe+17,+8570+Voitsberg,+%C3%96sterreich&hl=de&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=47.048084,15.150242&sspn=0.010352,0.019205&ie=UTF8&z=9

From Arnoldstein (italian/austrian border, carinthia)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=arnoldstein&daddr=Conrad+von+H%C3%B6tzendorf+Stra%C3%9Fe+17,+8570+Voitsberg,+%C3%96sterreich&hl=de&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=47.74117,13.478851&sspn=0.326923,0.614548&ie=UTF8&z=9

From Vienna Airport it is better going by train. From the airport take the shuttle to "Südbahnhof/train station south". There you have every hour an intercity to graz. From Graz central station please do it, as i mentioned it before.

From Vienna City :)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Wien&daddr=Conrad+von+H%C3%B6tzendorf+Stra%C3%9Fe+17,+8570+Voitsberg,+%C3%96sterreich&hl=de&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=46.806415,14.418525&sspn=1.33102,2.458191&ie=UTF8&ll=47.583937,15.779114&spn=1.311643,2.458191&z=9

From our train station to our hotel:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Voitsberg,+Bahnhof&daddr=Conrad+von+H%C3%B6tzendorf+Stra%C3%9Fe+17,+8570+Voitsberg,+%C3%96sterreich&hl=de&geocode=&mra=cc&date=03.09.09&time=12:41&ttype=dep&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=&tline=&sll=47.047585,15.14751&sspn=0.010352,0.019205&ie=UTF8&z=16

From Milano to Voitsberg
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Mailand,+Italien&daddr=Conrad+von+H%C3%B6tzendorf+Stra%C3%9Fe+17,+8570+Voitsberg,+%C3%96sterreich&hl=de&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=47.048084,15.150242&sspn=0.010352,0.019205&ie=UTF8&z=7

So, now we have a short overview against all important points.

Details regarding the tournament system: Please understand, that we can't give you a detailled plan, when we don't know the exact number of players yet. But you can be sure, that there is no big difference against the last tournaments.

manicx wrote:Very useful info there... Appreciated. I have a few questions:

a) How easy is it to drive from Gratz (probaby airport) to Voitsberg in November? I mean, is there snow and stuff? Is the scenery nice and the road easy to drive?

Well, you have an highway until Mooskirchen, where you have to leave it and go over a main road to Voitsberg. It should be no problem with snow or something. we are lying ca. 400 m over the sea level. if we have any snow, it should be cleaned very fast. but in the last years, we haven't had snow at this time, sometimes we haven't had any snow.

b) Apart from Amira, is it possible to have the names of a few alternative hotels just in case we need something where you won't see people walking around with a joystick in their hands 24.7? :D :lol:

Sure :)
http://www.glockenhof.at/hotel/hotel/1-12-0.html (it's about 10 min. by car away from tournament hall)
http://cafe-restaurantmonet.gemeindeaus ... uvermieten (where our international guest at last years austrian championship took a room, about 5 walking minutes away from tournament hall)
http://www.hotel-voitsberg.at/gaestezimmer.html (about 5 min. away from tournament hall, near train station)0
http://www.thermenovakoeflach.com/de/hotel/preise2009/ (at Köflach, 10 to 15 min. by car away)

c) I am not sure if it is written in another topic, but what time will the draw take place and what time do we plan to have dinner (or is it one event for both?)...

When we have a few arrival dates (clock), then we can give you the time, when it will take place. This event is for both, with typical styrian food

Thanks in advance! :)
Last edited by coldie on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dnielsen

Re: Information for the KO2 World Cup in in Austria

Postby dnielsen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks a lot! It's good to see that the WC is, yet again, in enthusiastic and competent hands. I can't fucking wait!
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Thanks Micheal!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Well done! thank you very much!
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 am

Very useful info there... Appreciated. I have a few questions:

a) How easy is it to drive from Gratz (probaby airport) to Voitsberg in November? I mean, is there snow and stuff? Is the scenery nice and the road easy to drive?

b) Apart from Amira, is it possible to have the names of a few alternative hotels just in case we need something where you won't see people walking around with a joystick in their hands 24.7? :D :lol:

c) I am not sure if it is written in another topic, but what time will the draw take place and what time do we plan to have dinner (or is it one event for both?)...

Thanks in advance! :)
coldie

Postby coldie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:09 am

1st post edited
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 am

Another question. I booked flights. Where do I go from here with regard to hotel? I need to book ASAP.

Do I email them for reservation?
Do I mention something to them like Kick Off Tournament or something?
Do I pay now or when I get there?

Thanks
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:05 am

Which itinerary did you choose Nikos?
coldie

Postby coldie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 am

Well, the only thing you have to do is to write an email to reservation@hotel-amira.at. then you should get a confirmation mail.

If you mention, that this is for the Kick Off 2 World Cup, everything should be fine.

There is no payment in advance necessary, you pay, when you leave the hotel.
Gunther

Postby Gunther » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:57 am

I saw that it only takes an hour by train form Graz to Maribor. Have you ever been there? Is it an interesting city to visit?
KOA Founder
coldie

Postby coldie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:06 am

Yes, that's right. Slovenia isn't far away from us (by the cheap prices for cigarettes we are happy, that this is so (it's aber 25 % up to 50 % cheaper than the prices in austria). Prices are very low in Slovenia.

Maribor is a beautiful small town. I compare it with Graz. It has a pedestrian zone, many old buildings, even an university. In the center you have many bars, shops etc. There are living many young people in this city. The trainstation is near the center of the city, which means about 10 to 15 min. walking time. Maribor is worth to be visited.
goalkeeper

Postby goalkeeper » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:34 am

Gunther check out Ryanair! The flight Düsseldorf-Bratislave looks perfect for you.Düsseldorf means Weeze near the netherlands border and Bratislava means Wien. And it´s cheap!
r.cross

Postby r.cross » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:58 am

I intend to borow myself a little 9 seater to pick at least some of you up (8 persons at max.) at the Graz airport friday afternoon. Maybe you could organize yourselves concerning arrival time and pm me if, who and when you want me to give you a lift :wink:

Driving time from the airport to the hotel will be around 25 minutes.