LUND II | SWEDEN | Saturday 10.10.2009 | Results page 6

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Re: LUND II | SWEDEN | Saturday 10.10.2009 | Results page 6

Postby Torchiador » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 am

Well, I don't think it hasn't been the best Thorsten's performance ever, usually he scores more goals per game. Probably he plays better when he travels towards the south!
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:55 pm

Just a quick one....

I am a new player : Regis B
My name is not Rayge B as shown in the results/table

Please correct it, and also display the info that I am a new player, for the goodness of the KOA ^^

Thanks,

Rayge
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:08 pm

d'accord, mais c'est toi qui a fait ce tableau!

Regis is a new player btw.
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:49 pm

Big thanks to Jacob that had planned this tournament very well. As Garry suggests, he would have dealt with far more players without problem. I agree that the venue, Holken, would be big enough for plenty of players, at least 30. Wcup? On the brink...

This was the third yearly Sweden/Denmark tournament arranged in a row. Only one danish player there was not good, but im aware of the fact that it was very much due to the fact that it collided with important weekend for Nick P. Otherwise, as mentioned earlier, the three internationals covered up nicely.

We agreed to continue with this that by now could be called "tradition" = arrange one late summer/early autumn ko2-tournament in the very south of Sweden OR Copenhagen. It is an area that containes far more active ko2-players than anywhere alse in Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Destination is also ideal for abroad players, when Copenhagen (wich is a 30-40 min with train away from Lund) have a big airport.

Maybe the fact that Thorsten and Volker made it could indicate that this tournament also is a good Wcup warmup destination for them?

- Again, thanks everyone for making this to a great weekend. Not only playing kickoff2, but also meeting up with everyone was a pleasure! Also thanks to Dagh for hosting us on the Friday evening, with pizza AND champagne!! A shame that me and Jacob could not join you all to late that night, im sure we were all much more alert that evening compared to the Saturday out, where more than me felt extremely tired, as usual after an exhausting ko2-tournament.

Results is now in and i´ll now try to make some comments on my matches and the players partipicating while several games still in my memory.
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:21 am

First I would like to say that im very happy with my performance in this tournament. I would like to think I played my best possible kickoff2 that Saturday. Im certain the hard sessions between me and Jacob the days before, was the main factor.

First up was new player Regis. His first offline tournamnt ever! I played him once the day before at Daghs place. He felt like a competent finisher, so I was sure he would likely score a couple on me, wich he also did. First match contained several goals early on, and i would like to think both of us enjoyed it.

John H 7 - 3 Regis B
Regis B 2 - 6 John H

A fairly good debute by Regis. He was on the brink to reach fourth place, but were beaten by one point by Torgny. Interesting to see what this will do to his game. We all know players tend to get better after their first tournament. I hope we will see more of him.

Torgny was the only one from Landskona making it to Lund, this when both Dennis and Mattias were stuck in Stockholm. Torgny had a late night with his brothers before the tournement, maybe that was why I was given the opportunity to hammer him in our first early fixture? My blc´s did severe damage in both matches.

Torgny A 3 - 11 John H
John H 8 - 1 Torgny A

Good performance by Torgny. Only losing once vs the players below him, a worthy fourth place.

To be continue...
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
Rayge
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Rayge » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:04 am

kofoed wrote:d'accord, mais c'est toi qui a fait ce tableau!

Regis is a new player btw.

Yes, my mistake ! sorry :mrgreen:

I have made a tournament report with a few pictures, if some of you want to share the Swedish tournament ambiance:

The joy of attending my first tournament. For an “offline newcomer”, Lund was an excellent tournament for many reasons. I never planned to travel to play kick off, but since Dagh so nicely invited me to spend some time in Denmark, it was an excellent opportunity to visit unknown places, meet new people. I arrived in Copenhagen on Monday, Volker and Thortsen joined us on Friday, we played the tournament, and I was back home on Monday night. An excellent week of holidays, with a kick off tournament to play !

I was very nicely welcomed by Dagh, and I loved Copenhagen. We walked a lot across the town to visit all the good places, and we drank a lot of Tuborg. My plan was to win against him at least once during this week. We had an amiga altar at home, and I knew I would have a tiny chance to win once, late at night, with Tuborg, my ally.

My week was splitted in two: visiting first, kick off weekend next. On Friday, John and Jacob visited us and we welcomed Thorsten and Volker, who would spend the night at Dagh’s. Very nice way to meet everyone, with a good drink and some friendlies. I remember sleeping in a corridor that night, between 7 and 9 AM.

On Saturday morning, as Volker said, we all needed aspirin, we didn’t sleep enough, and it was a bit painful to make our way to the station in order to get to Lund. My first time in Sweden ! When I saw the room for the tournament, I was a bit impressed… the computers were all ready, everything was prepared, we just had to sit and play after a short warm up.

Of course, I had the tournament in my mind for a while already. The newbie questions: will I be last ? will I manage to score ? It was clear, though, the level would be high. There were experimented players only, meaning all matches would be tough, no easy 7-0 for me to relax, serious opposition all the time.

I hoped John H would be my first opponent. I wanted to play a champion on my first official match, a player with a reputation, start my KOA career with a good tough battle. He had beaten me 11-2 on the day before, and I knew I would mostly have to try to make the final result look a bit nicer to me.

John H 7 - 3 Regis B
Regis B 2 - 6 John H

The two games were quite different. On the first one, we both needed a few minutes to get a good feeling and manage to attack properly. I remember 3 BLC’s and a corner routine came quickly. I was lucky enough to score 2 lobs, but my attack didn’t seem to annoy John too much. I was happy, though, a 4 goals difference against the predicted number 2 was fine.

The second game with John was also rich with BLC’s and corner routines, but what John did the best was dominating my midfield. It was very hard to reach his side, and a little lob and a defensive mistake allowed me to make it look like I made a brave match.

Torgny A 1 - 2 Regis B
Regis B 4 - 4 Torgny A

To me, Torgny was a complete unknown player. So was I to him. We could just play a little warm up match before the tournament, but we all know no one gives their best in these (saving energy ?) ! I had a very good feeling with Torgny, very friendly, smiling a lot. He also seemed to be awake, unlike all the others !
The first match was very open, with lots of impossible shots on both sides, due to strong defenses. We were very focused and not making mistakes. The decisive goal was some sort of loose ball that barber managed to pick up to go around the keeper. This match could have gone both ways.
A draw for the second match perfectly illustrates this, we neutralised each other. Torgny had plenty of chances to score in first half, and second half was for me. Torgny could rely on kick off lobs to resolve a few problems I caused to him and we made a draw that both of us seemed to be happy with. The point Torgny got from this draw is the decisive one that gave him the final 4th place, and I have to say 1 point against me was the minimum he deserved.

Volker B 5 - 3 Regis B
Regis B 2 - 5 Volker B

A german cousin was my next opponent. We had big fun with Volker since his arrival in Copenhagen on Friday, and we were both very tired already. All my friendlies with Volker were draws until now, so it was a good 50-50 situation.
Both games were crazy and hilarious, our defenses were off, cox sliding off screen, missed controls, and both of us laughing. I shot a penalty kick 2 meters wide. But Volker missed less chances than me, he also missed a penalty kick, but the goal was scored, though, thanks to a splendid little mid distance diagonal shot that went between fisher and the post.
Logical scores on both matches, but I still believe I could have made it harder for him to win.

Regis B 2 - 3 Jacob K
Jacob K 5 - 2 Regis B

I knew Jacob a little, as he hangs out in the kickoff chatroom sometimes, now he’s a friend. I was extremely happy to be welcomed by him in Sweden, and he made my short journey to Sweden perfect. We didn’t have to think about any detail, everything was planned, from the arrival to the departure, with the help of John, too.

Speaking of John, I was very quickly surprised to see Jacob trying to do BLC’s most of the time. I knew the matches against Jacob would be difficult, but with a strong defense, I would have my chance. The first match was very fast and excited. When you play Jacob, it’s a matter of speed ! But Jacob was too strong, his corner routines finished doing what the BLC’s had started to do. At least in the first match there was suspense until the end, but in the second I was led 3-0 very quickly and it seemed clear Jacob wouldn’t let it go. One sure thing, these matches were very good, as we could felt the tense on every move, both knowing how dangerous the opponent can be !

Congratulations to Jacob, for the 3rd place, as he really improved recently, managing to win all the difficult matches and only lost against John and Dagh.

Regis B 3 - 10 Dagh N
Dagh N 9 - 2 Regis B

Very special matches for me, too. Playing my favourite sparring partner in an “offline” tournament. The match scenario were known already, we know each other's games by heart, I just needed to know how high his score would go.
Also these matches were the opposition of the two only NOPBD players of the tournament. I remember speaking to him to make him lose focus, but it didn’t work. On the second match, I really got scared when the score was 8-0 at half time, but I miraculously managed to win a half !! I managed to score (good) goals against him and these scores properly sum up my weekly scores against Dagh.

Regis B 4 - 0 Thorsten B
Thorsten B 3 - 5 Regis B

Thorsten is also someone I enjoyed to meet. Volker and him drove a long way to stay 36 hours in Copenhagen, have a good time and play kick off. I like the spirit, as I doubt I would ever travel a long distance for such a short time.

I remember leading 3-0 after two minutes in first match, I could handle the situation, even if Thorsten made less mistakes. I could score on a counter in second half and have at last a good victory with no goal scored on me.
The second game was more intense, and Thorsten was at a higher level. He scored the first one with a good diagonal, but I wanted to win this match, too, and I could reach half time with a 3-1 lead. In second half, I barely saw the ball, Thorsten had decided to play all out, at his max. He started dribbling in my defense and destabilized me. Hopefully, an autoslide from Thorsten’s Cox helped me to feel better when scoring 4-2, then Thorsten did 4-3 on the next kick off. Another good tense game that I will remember !

So the tournament was over, it had been fast. There has been a great battle for places 4-7 until the end. I have to say I really expected to finish 4th, seeing the other player results, but it was fun. Volker beats Rayge, who beats Torgny, who beats Volker… There was suspense until the end for us !
About my game level, I had ups and downs, I really felt bad on my second match against Jacob because I did naive defending at the start and it wasted my chances to threaten him at all. Now that I look back at the results, I think my level was ok, out of 12 matches and I got the place I deserved. I scored at least 2 per match, I have a decent GD, which means I played respectable kick off !

After the tournament, we went to Malmoe for a good dinner and watch Denmark-Sweden.

All these adventures, and I still hadn’t beaten Dagh ! I had made him drink all week long, this time he would crack. We went to a few pubs on the Sunday night, went back home late, and around 3PM I felt the tournament magic in my joystick. I played my best match of the week against a zombie Dagh and I won ! We played the revenge, but his joystick died. So did we. Mission complete, it was time to go back home. I will surely remember the warm welcome all you guys made to me, and seriously consider joining the Lund tournament every year from now on. Copenhagen-Malmoe are worth the trip, and not too far. Big pleasure to share that time with you.

gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Nice pictures and an excellent write-up, Regis! 8) You guys had a brilliant time (on and off the KO2 pitch), those games with Volker sounded a scream, and you even acheived your mission of beating 'zombie Dagh'!!! :)
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Why does Dagh's hair appear to be several different lengths in the different photos?

Is it a Fake-O tournament?
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Regis stayed a week in Copenhagen arriving on monday, the tournament was on the saturday. Maybe some trimming took place in the meantime, just guessing.
Played 8 World Cups
2001:10th(out of 30), 2002:19th(26), 2006:21st(50), 2008:25th(41), 2009:10th(34), 2010: 11th(46), 2014: 11th(26) 2015 8th(38).
Toggebois
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Toggebois » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Forgot to tell you about my ten minutes of fame: 1-5 agains Dagh!

I had met him one time before and lost 1-10 in Copenhagen last year. Started very defensive and had 0-2 i half time. Dagh who had won his first games easy was working up as much frustration as I think he will ever show (he made some low stange noices and scatched his cheek). Early in second half I scored 1-2... but the he got his act together and made the process short...

The next game he had total focus in the beginning and bet me 11-1... :lol:
75 km to Dagh N, Jörn F, Jonas S, Kenneth H
1126 km to John H
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Some memories from the Kick Off part on Saturday:

Volker (12-0 and 6-0): It was the first game, and Volker was of course still complaining endlessly about joystick problems after he had manhandled the joystick at the recent German Championship by throwing it into the wall :lol: . Unfortunately, I didn't understand that the complaints were this time not just symbolic complaints, but real complaints, in that his joystick was suddenly effectively on autofire. This lead to some hilarious Kick Off routines from Volker where he would make 6-7 passes as fast as the CPU. After the game, John helped fix his joystick. I regret not stopping the game right away when Volker spoke up about his problems, but as said, I thought you were just continuing in the same vein as the day before and when we had offered you 3 different of Rayge's joysticks as replacement! I should have offered a rematch, but I doubt it would have been accepted ;-). So that first game was not a good game. In the second one, Volker joined the Lockout crowd, despite having had many heated discussions with Thorsten about how fucked up it is to play Lockout. But I can understand him, as I had failed to punish the other guys going defensive against me. My mistake! It is very important to crush people the first time they try Lockout against you so that they are not tempted to try it again. Alas, Volker not only played Lockout, he also played well, and I had to do with a more modest 6-0 victory in our only real game.

Jacob (8-1 and 7-4): As suspected, Jacob also employed some defensive stuff, after having been more noble in our practice games in the period leading up to the tournament. Jacob has really improved a lot recently, seemingly having found new inspiration while looking forward to Lund. Behind the scenes, we jokingly called him "John B", as his playing style seemed to have merged closer to that of John, with BLCs and stuff. A characteristic trait in Jacob's play is that he is very quick on the ball. It's just something you feel when you play against him. He also makes many sharp and surprising dribbles. Lately, he has improved also his mastery of the stop'n'go technique, and it seems to lead to a style where he is beginning to really control his attacks in more deliberate ways rather than just the impulsive ways that he already masters so well. I suspect that this can/will easily spill over to more controlled finishing also, and then Jacob can become a serious threat for John A and the rest of the top players. In the second game, Jacob put in an excellent effort in a tense game.

Thorsten (9-0 and 8-1): Thorsten has become continuously stronger, so that his fundamental ball control understanding and timing is becoming solid. I suspect this will gradually allow Thorsten to investigate other aspects of the game with more confidence and breathing space, stuff like player switching, good/bad passing, promising attacking patters, controlled finishing etc. We already have seen him register wins against strong players in Germany, and he really had some good games here in Lund, but the field was tough and alas no victory this time around.

Regis (10-3 and 9-2): In one of the games, I was leading 8-0 at half time, but then Regis fought back hard and won the second half, avoiding a humiliating defeat in his first tournament.

John (5-2 and 4-3): Two memorable games, and I hope the video recordings of them can be saved (the disc had a scratch or something). In the first game, it was 2-2 at half time, and John displayed some absolutely insane defensive actions, blocking and tackling many shots after I had beat Fischer and the like. Only in the second half did I manage to breach his defensive lines decisively, but only after having tried and tried and finally succeeding. The second game was even closer. John was still defending like I don't know what, and this time also had many counter-attacks that put some panic in me. We reached 3-3 deep into the second half, and John had a good lob that Fischer saved and another big chance, but instead I scored a mid-distance lob shortly before final whistle. However, the game was really a toss-up all the way through, and I would not have minded losing it, seeing that it would have been a well-deserved victory for John.

Torgny (5-1 and 11-2): Torgny already told about the first game. In the second one, Torgny gave a loud smiling sigh when I reached 10, well, our success criterias have to be opposite in some way, and I was happy to show him my best KO2 on a good background of Torgny doing really well overall in the tournament (not to forget the first game against me). I see no reason why Torgny should not be able to keep on improving in a high tempo.

I played NOPBD in this tournament, and it was fun, but I generally didn't get to demonstrate the strength of trade-mark NOPBD finishing as well as I would have liked, instead my goals were generally more of the kind "pass to attacker and quick move clear of Fischer" which I might as well have scored with PBD. I had a few good quick NOPBD first timer attacks, but it was nothing like a previous online game against Jacob where I scored something like 8/10 goals with quick curled shots. I feel I still have tons to learn about NOPBD techniques so that I can improve my consistency and decision making and also simply broaden my NOPBD finishing move repertoire. I will return to PBD some day, there is simply a lot of fun and challenges to be had with both attacking modes.
goalkeeper

Postby goalkeeper » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:03 pm

O.k. back with some thoughts about the saturday :)

Girls, visit Dagh! Where else you get champain at welcome and he offers you his bed. No really the hard facts now :lol:

After we reached the well prepared and nice tournament location(yes i had the same impression like Robert would be nice to play a world cup in sweden and the same doubt like Jacob more than 30 players could be overcrowded) it takes no long time and the tourney started.

Have no problem with Dagh gave me more than 10 goals but i´m annoyed not to hit any goal. It´s a pitty that Jacob´s cool machine not records the match, keep my fingers crossed that it works next time. I played two tactics against Dagh, because
- in the first match(12-0) with 4-2-4 Cox was always out of range against his striker
- not wanna start first blood but yes i´m still pissed when i have the feeling "the german kick off scene" chance tactic(lock out) not to bring their own game forward, only to destroy the game of the oppenent. But every side must know for it own what´s best.
The result from the second(lock out) match seems better(6-0) but have a closer look, i remind me the goals happen against me when i played look out and not when i was to slow to switch from 4-2-4.
The real reason why Dagh needs 4 minutes to make the first goal was because the very good ods from John :wink:
I was keen to get 200 sweden crowns for my 2 danish crowns if i win and Dagh had to fight with his conscience, because of my offer to share with him. :lol:

The results against John looks closer than the matches really was!
After the matches i thought" When it is called Camber goal in the KOCV, why not Hoogstrom goal instead of BLC?"
Was nice to see a corner routine with lock out first time!

Sometimes in the matches against Jacob i had the feeling to play versus John again!
Great that Jacob learned a lot about KO2 since LUND I and will be able now to stick the swedish flag into the asses of many oppenents at the WC.Will see you there and hope if we play against each other that your goal is not nailed, like in the second match, again.

My ass is still french flag free :gban: And this was hard work against my french cousin Regis!
The matches against him was the funniest i had in the tournament! Would be great to see you again at a tournament next years :D

Shit, most time if i win a match i had some good minutes. This time Torgny had in our second match. Still unbelievable how i give this out of my hands :roll: Really enjoyed this 3fight with him and Regis. And in the end the standing never lies, i was the worst player of this group. Wish you the best for upcomming Landskrona tournaments!

Thanx to Thorsten for the lift, without him i would had missed a lot of fun! I repay in form of a draw :P
He is on a good way for leaving the fun cup group at the WC this year. Go for it!

The tournament ends with a nice restaurant in Malmö, where i ate moose first time.

Summary:
Wonderful moments stay in mind after two weeks, results not!
Many, many thanx again to all people who organize tournaments, let you sleep at their home or visit a tourney first time 8)
Also to "Papa Gunther" who have brought us together and all the others who keep on running this forum with their work !

Fcuk become sentimental and me is itching to say you a top secret secret, but......no have first to find out why my camera not sent the pictures to my computer :?o:
kofoed
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby kofoed » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:17 pm

The first recorded match from Lund II
Played 8 World Cups