Fouling and referees

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Re: Fouling and referees

Postby hogstrom » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:50 pm

I have read thrue everything about the latest tournament in Luton last week and Glenn mention in his post about in one of the threads about a dive he made in one of his matches. He explained how he looked at it. With autoslides removed, one could argue that "diving" is more "ok" now. In short, with autoslides removed from the match he have no regrets diving over an sliding player in the penalty area. His opponent have decided to throw himself sliding in the penalty-area and takes a risk with that move, Glenn belives it is ok to punish him.

I often lose concentration when opponent player is sliding in the box, thus often a bad finish as a result of that. Vs some opponents I would likely do the same.

Interesting about dives btw. Glenn was surpriced about his opponent reaction (Volker) when he did it. Amazing, in my head i have silly information like that im aware of a couple of players that would react badly if i did it. For instance, i would not dive when playing Rodolfo. Nor vs Thorsten. That would feel wrong considering I doubt any of them would ever be willing to dive.

But, I dived once in reading, and it vs Robert Swift. In difference to a dive vs Rodolfo, It felt quite nice doing it to Robert, especially when he was wasting time on goalkicks, throw-ins etc. A shame the referee did not grant the penalty :cryo:

Talking about other things here, but i belive Glenn is into something here. One could argue that the removal of autoslides could make diving less dirty.

About the subject Dagh, im very unsure. Im do not belive im in the pack that do it (fouling regulary) very often, even if it happens now and then. I have nothing against it when it is a part of the game. Im certaine you would have the advantage If we used referee, Willis for instance. So your request will not be granted in Landskrona coming spring :)
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:03 pm

gdh82 wrote:
Bounty Bob wrote:
suttydroitwich wrote:i prefer the game as it is.. no changes at all

i was surprised the autoslides pissed so many people off, I find them quite amusing!

A kindred!!! :D

I'm surprised they're still being talked about! Auto-what ? :D
Me too, it's bizarre really. You're happy, so everyone should be. :roll:
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:04 pm

hogstrom wrote:I have read thrue everything about the latest tournament in Luton last week and Glenn mention in his post about in one of the threads about a dive he made in one of his matches. He explained how he looked at it. With autoslides removed, one could argue that "diving" is more "ok" now. In short, with autoslides removed from the match he have no regrets diving over an sliding player in the penalty area. His opponent have decided to throw himself sliding in the penalty-area and takes a risk with that move, Glenn belives it is ok to punish him.
Glenn is correct. It was even ok with auto slides in, ask waynie. :lol:
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:34 pm

Bounty Bob wrote:
Robert Swift wrote:PES2009 is actually better though.
PES stopped being better with the '08 editions of the games, it needs a good re-working. It used to be far and away the best game but unforunately it is living up to it's name of evolution. A process that takes millions of years to see significant change is not what's needed in an anually updated franchise. The FIFA games have grown massively in the last couple of years, they knew they weren't good enough and made a real effort. The PES team were on top of the hill and got lazy.

This year's PES was shit until the recent patch, but now it just plays like a dream. We're having really great, flowing games with build-ups of many moves, goals of great flair, clever AI and unrepetitive gameplay. Have you tried it since the patch?
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Robert Swift wrote:
Bounty Bob wrote:
Robert Swift wrote:PES2009 is actually better though.
PES stopped being better with the '08 editions of the games, it needs a good re-working. It used to be far and away the best game but unforunately it is living up to it's name of evolution. A process that takes millions of years to see significant change is not what's needed in an anually updated franchise. The FIFA games have grown massively in the last couple of years, they knew they weren't good enough and made a real effort. The PES team were on top of the hill and got lazy.

This year's PES was shit until the recent patch, but now it just plays like a dream. We're having really great, flowing games with build-ups of many moves, goals of great flair, clever AI and unrepetitive gameplay. Have you tried it since the patch?

Just had a look at pesfan.com and there are still people moaning about the online play on the 360. They've been trying to get it right now for 4 or 5 years and they fuck it up each and every time. I hardly play any games against the CPU, so the AI isn't so important to me. Online is everything and Konami just can't nail it on the Xbox, for whatever reason. FIFA is light years ahead in the online side of the game, has been since FIFA 04 really.

I used to be a huge PES fanboy, always had it pre-ordered but that stopped for PES 5 and I haven't even bought it since 6. When thye get their act together, I'll jump back on board.
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Just read this on pesfan, made me chuckle.

However there are aspects of PES that equally irritate me, e.g. the ability to dribble past players all too easily. Which is compounded by difficulties in making a standing tackle, and the computer suddenly randomly sliding in with one of your centre backs.
How can you play this shitty game Robert?
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:03 pm

That's not my experience of it.
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:48 am

hogstrom wrote:For instance, i would not dive when playing Rodolfo. That would feel wrong considering I doubt any of them would ever be willing to dive.

I'm pretty sure that Rodolfo wouldn't mind tbh.
_glenn

Postby _glenn » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 am

hogstrom wrote:I have read thrue everything about the latest tournament in Luton last week and Glenn mention in his post about in one of the threads about a dive he made in one of his matches. He explained how he looked at it. With autoslides removed, one could argue that "diving" is more "ok" now. In short, with autoslides removed from the match he have no regrets diving over an sliding player in the penalty area. His opponent have decided to throw himself sliding in the penalty-area and takes a risk with that move, Glenn belives it is ok to punish him.

My point is that when the auto-slide is removed, it is your own choice to slide. Volker tried to foul my attacker (at least i believe he did) when he was through on goal. He tried to foul him outside the box, and missed. In real football, a foul when a player is through on goal, would result in a red card. In kick off the referee does not consider where the foul happens, he gives a card based on statistics and sometimes random. Therefore i'd say it is just as "unfair" to foul someone intentially outside the box just to stop them from scoring, as it is to take a dive.
the baldest member of the koa
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:28 pm

I think fouling deliberately is a legitimate part of the game.
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Yes, Glenn - and i fully agree with your way of looking at this. With autoslides removed it is indeed everyones own choise if they decides to slide with a player in the box.

- Oh, Rodolfo is ok with diving?! Then i have seriously misjudged him.
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Robert Swift wrote:I think fouling deliberately is a legitimate part of the game.

Fully agree.

hogstrom wrote:- Oh, Rodolfo is ok with diving?! Then i have seriously misjudged him.

My golden rule is that there is nothing to complaint as long as we only use the joystick. Whatever I or others may do in the only use of the given controls (ie, the joystick + tactics and susbtitution keys) is perfectly normal, acceptable, legitimate. I have nothing against 'dirty' playing, if only because I also use it, or want to be able to use it in a given moment. I want to keep all my options, including the nasty ones.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Robert Swift wrote:I think fouling deliberately is a legitimate part of the game.

I think all deliberate actions are a legitimate part of the game.

I would be happy to play with Zappa or Willis as referee if my opponent agrees!