The Shirt of Shame!

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ely
4000+ Poster!
4000+ Poster!

Re: The Shirt of Shame!

Postby Ely » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:57 pm

Were the players briefed that the version they played had the useless keepers etc.? Just asking in case it wasn't, because knowing about it might change a players style to suit. Really looking forward to seeing the game mind :)
NewEly - He is here sometimes...................
http://www.wayoftherodent.com
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:06 pm

I also think there is a bug with the 'useless keepers' option, as it activated itself for Team A in my game with Jorn. :)
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Amok
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Amok » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:59 pm

Hey guys,

I somehow was looking for a thread where the discussion about the gos or the sos (when i see this now it is funny that the abreveation for shirt of shame is SOS!!!!!!!) is being held.

first of all i don't want you to think about not having a gos at the end of the world cup. the gos is am must. just imagine having a world cup without a final. no way.

as some of you know, my goal this year was it to avoid the gos. well after the qualifying i reduced my goal to "not losing the gos" :)
and i was very confident that this could happen because i had a draw and a win against astrid so my chances were not too bad :P

so anyway i knew that the gos would have conditions that, lets say, make the match more interesting for the audience and funnier for the participants. last year in rome (where i had my first gos and my first kick off 2 match ever) i had this feeling.
not many of you probably know that i was running in the wrong direction for A COMPLETE HALF TIME during last years gos. and since astrid was better than me she deserved to win last year and i didn't even think about having a problem with it.

this year she deserved to win too because she knew how to lob and i didn't. i think she might have won anyway because she was trying so hard before the gos.

the only thing that made me really angry was, that it was almost impossible for me to score any goals. she scored i think 7 out of 8 goals via lob so i had no chance at all. and the result was what made me angry. losing the gos with the score of 1-8 is really humiliating. i don't have a problem losing games with 15 or higher because i know my opponent is galaxies better than i am but in the gos the best 2 participants of the world cup ;) want to have fun.

oh and there is one thing i want to say, which is really important to me. astrid... i'm sorry for my behavior und my reaction after the gos. you were (and will be) a great opponent and you completely deserved to win the gos. just as i deserve to proudly wear the shirt of shame.

and YES!!! i come to the world cup every year to get myself some new clothes.

so thanks guys for everything and we'll see each other next year... where i will kick your asses. you'll see ;)
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Tripod » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Really glad to read this, Andreas! I felt so bad because you were so upset after the game. But I was happy about what you said at the ceremony. Yes, sadly the useless keepers put you at an unfair disadvantage against Astrid and her lobs, that couldn't really be foreseen, Alkis just thought it'd be nice if more goals were scored (but on both sides of course!) Looking forward to seeing you again next year, go and visit Oliver and have him train you so that you won't again win the SOS. Wolf has it, too, three times Germany is enough! :)
WC Performances 2003: 28/31 - 2004: 14/43 - 2005: 17/63 - 2006: 31/50 - 2008: 12/41 - 2009: 14/34 - 2010: 24/46
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:45 pm

In the end, I think we should blame that mean Knut. He is a bad influence to Astrid :P

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
KnutL
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby KnutL » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:43 pm

Rodolfo wrote:In the end, I think we should blame that mean Knut. He is a bad influence to Astrid :P

My mission will not be completed until I have taught her how to dive properly in the penalty area (and anywhere else on the field with Screech or Zappa as her 12th player). :twisted:
Robert Swift

Postby Robert Swift » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Don't forget.... G.Penn is your new friend too! :)
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Robert Swift wrote:I also think there is a bug with the 'useless keepers' option, as it activated itself for Team A in my game with Jorn. :)

I think it was more an incident of the "unintended play like a runt"-bug.
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:39 pm

About the GOS: :D

unfortunatly it was impossible to see it on the big screen but it was displayed on the monitor of the GOS.
If you have the disk that Alkis gave us in Athens, you can see it selecting the soggy pitch in KO2 standard options!