The Shirt of Shame!

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

The Shirt of Shame!

Postby alkis21 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:29 pm

We were all jealous of Andreas for winning it!

The front:

The back:
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
goalkeeper

Re: The Shirt of Shame!

Postby goalkeeper » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Great shirt and i´m shure Andreas wears it with as much pride as Thorsten!

Greeks have the best shirts and Germans the best shamies, what a joint venture :lol:
haakon2
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby haakon2 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: great!
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:28 pm

:lol: :lol: What kind of mind comes up with this design! Nightmare-ishly funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:48 pm

I'm sure that Andreas only goes to the world cups to get some new clothes. He should really learn what the big white thing we all call a goal has been put in the game for. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a former Shamie, I can only have the utmost respect for him coming back for more. It's this spirit that keeps the KOA alive, if we all went away when we received a battering, there would only be Dagh and Gianni left. :D
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:18 am

Actually for some moments he did not enjoy that much. Maybe we should reconsider all this GOS. I am not saying about cancelling the tradition (ok, I would), but maybe just do not pick people who may not like it. I do not know how, though.

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:20 am

Rodolfo wrote:Actually for some moments he did not enjoy that much. Maybe we should reconsider all this GOS. I am not saying about cancelling the tradition (ok, I would), but maybe just do not pick people who may not like it. I do not know how, though.

Agreed - during the game I don't think he enjoyed it. I think we should have informed them of the special settings. But at the ceremony he took it gracefully :)
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:07 am

The Game of Shame this year was a complete failure and I take full responsibility for it. I thought it would be a good idea if we used a "useless keepers" option so I asked Steve to make it. It simply did not occur to me that if we had one player who lobbed and one who didn't it would end up very one sided, and that is what happened. Andreas was a bit upset afterwards and he had every right to be, because he was not given a fair chance to fight. I had a long discussion with him after the match during which I apologized for my bad judgment. I even asked him if he would like us to cancel the shirt of shame ceremony but he said he wanted no such thing.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:27 am

alkis21 wrote:I had a long discussion with him after the match during which I apologized for my bad judgment. I even asked him if he would like us to cancel the shirt of shame ceremony but he said he wanted no such thing.

Dammit Alkis - it's actions like this that prevent me from not liking you. :)

Good thinking mate.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:35 am

Andreas is a very good guy and he wasn't upset about the game of shame itself but he was upset about the goalkeepers which lead to his defeat, giving him the frustration of to be without weapons in front of his opponent.
Rodolfo! GOS is a must! of course we made a mistake but it doesn't mean that we will do the same mistake two times!
BTW, can I have a copy of the GOS T-Shirt? Great work Panayotis!
Panayotis7

Postby Panayotis7 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:42 am

i can't take full credit for the shirt... the idea of david hasselhoff in that particular pose was actually a friend of mine's, the guy who photoshopped and printed the shirts

i wanted to keep a copy of this shirt myself too, but i figured that, just like the shield, it should be a unique item that only the person who won it should have... but i will be posting pics of the whole shirt soon
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:08 pm

You're completely right!
Kostas O

Postby Kostas O » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:42 pm

alkis21 wrote:The Game of Shame this year was a complete failure and I take full responsibility for it. I thought it would be a good idea if we used a "useless keepers" option so I asked Steve to make it. It simply did not occur to me that if we had one player who lobbed and one who didn't it would end up very one sided, and that is what happened. Andreas was a bit upset afterwards and he had every right to be, because he was not given a fair chance to fight. I had a long discussion with him after the match during which I apologized for my bad judgment. I even asked him if he would like us to cancel the shirt of shame ceremony but he said he wanted no such thing.

Proof of a great man...

...in a small package