Perfect weekend

Talk about any Kick Off Tournament here.

Moderators: Rodolfo, Moderators, Rodolfo, Moderators

SimonB
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby SimonB » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:48 am

I think the most impressive part of the tournament is that it seems to have reignited so much enthusiasm for KO2.

After previous tournaments I usually see lots of posts about how people need to take a break for a while ... but if anything people want to play MORE!

An excellent atmosphere of camaraderie enveloped the weekend ... it was a truly fantastic experience.

Well done Spyros! (apologies that I actually haven't mentioned that yet in my other posts!!!)
Birmingham 2011 World Cup: 15th best player :)
Benn Chen
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Benn Chen » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:41 pm

[quote="SimonB"]I think the most impressive part of the tournament is that it seems to have reignited so much enthusiasm for KO2.

After previous tournaments I usually see lots of posts about how people need to take a break for a while ... but if anything people want to play MORE!quote]

Totally Simon, us english have been shown the way by the greeks and Italians, and i think we are all enthused to raise our games to challenge further!!!

It was such a good atmosphere tho, even when losing (Not to you tho - hahahah) Wouldn't have changed the weekend at all, perfect
Ure Damn Rite!
Robert

Postby Robert » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:40 pm

Guys, I've put everything into this.... not just the WC but this whole year of KO2. London Marathon, UKC Manchester, FAKO vs LOKO... I've done everything I can to keep the UK patient alive.

Having said this... I am still a little worried about the state of things going forward.

Firstly, let it be said that the UK guys sucked this weekend. We had our full firepower in effect and we got 1 guy in the last 8. Really, this is because we think we can turn up and play one tournament a year and compete with people like the Athenians and Milanese who play every few weeks.

Secondly - the key problem I can see is that, in the UK, there are a lot more 'Indians' than 'Chiefs' right now. In fact with Durban, Camber and Pee all busy with newborns, who other than me and KORA is organising anything? We have other prominent KOAers getting married next year, and what is going to happen when I start wanting babies?

So....Simon and Ben... it's really great to read your last two posts.

If I have achieved a desire in people to play more regular KO2, so London and the UK can compete with Athens and Milan on the global scene, then that's good. But what we need now is other people to organise tournaments. Some other people have to step forward and say "my house is available for KO2", or "I want to book this hotel on this day." No more "when is the next tournament Robert."

This is the year that I gave everything I could to the UK KOA from an organisational point of view. It's been nice, but I have to say that I've not enjoyed playing the game. My organising is going to cease for 2007. I can still help and advise people, and right now I have a tremendous bank of email addresses and phone numbers. But others must now take the initiative, as I want to focus only on playing the game.

I want to enjoy playing KO2 again. So I ask you all now

When is the next tournament?
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:55 pm

Claire?
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Robert

Postby Robert » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:57 pm

Not amusing :lol:
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:17 pm

When I move there will be a new fire of enthusiasm burning in the midlands area. My new house will be open for tournaments and should have better facilities than the current stadium. Just need to find a house first!
Robert

Postby Robert » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:34 pm

:lol: :lol: Make sure it has a big garage with plenty of powerpoints. And a coke machine. :lol: :lol:
waynie

Postby waynie » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:44 pm

get yerself a red bull vending machine, and it'll be like syphoning out of sid's pocket...until he gets a crowbar! :lol:
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:25 pm

- Thanks Anette, but my concious do not need such info right now really ;) i might fall into this (eating fish instead of meat) anyway though...

- You right, im the one that plays hattrick, could you please forward yours and Olivers name of teams in HT and PM me those? We should really have some friendlies when i guess all of us is toast in the cup by now.

Cheers
JohnH

That's great :D The more vegetarians the better. To keep you in the right direction I could send you some more pictures/videos about that topic :)

Are you the one who plays Hattrick (the online manager game) too? If yes, maybe we could play a friendly one day.
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...