Korona-thread

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Freshmaker

Re: Korona-thread

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:42 pm

Oh, the glory MSN-days. :lol:

I've been offered working from home as well, but for now I go to the office every day; mostly to make sure I can share some positivity and enthusiasm and to show my coworkers that they can all calm down.

I will only start working from home IF I either should need to quarantine my self or if I get infected/sick.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:50 pm

I don't remember specifically although I was still on dial-up too at that time so it would have definitely been a low-res, low fps experience. Nothing out of the ordinary seeing miserable weather out the window around here!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Makes me remember my first ever cam-chat was with the great Beckite. Damn. He's missed...
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Postby Steve Camber » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Good point, reinstate Beckite!
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :) https://kickoff2.net
JohnVella
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby JohnVella » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:10 am

Latest update from me and mine: I am currently self-isolating at home, while I recover from a chest infection. My nose started running this evening and I am slightly more concerned than I was. The self-isolation continues. More worrying is the fact that my wife was rushed into hospital in the early hours of Monday morning, and she is still there, quarantined and not allowed any visitors. She has underlying health conditions and I am really worried about her. I mean really, really worried. We are still awaiting the test results.

Stay safe, everybody and please don't take any risks.
Vag

Postby Vag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:22 am

I totally agree with Nikos! We are lucky (in Greece), as things could have been much much worse. We would have more sick people, more deaths, a shortage of goods and bigger impact on the economy. But we're doing excellent. That's why I'm mostly concerned about other countries. I have a friend who's a doctor (obstetrician) in Italy (Iakovos is his name in many greek retro sites, so some of you may know him). I'm worried about him, I'm very worried about my wife's family in England and of course all the other people everywhere, I don't need to know them personally to worry about them.
We must all act as we have the virus already, to protect the others. That's the only way we can beat it; if we protect each other, not if we just protect ourselves. We have to realize we may infect our own people and they may die. It's not an exaggeration, because it is happening.
Click here and here.
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:10 pm

I can only imagine what you must be going through, John. I hope everything turns up all right.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:20 pm

I definately side with Alkis here John. Best of wishes for you and your familiy. And please, feel free to check in, to vent, to share thoughts - both positive and negative. That's part of why I wanted to open this thread; To let all of you know you're important and that I look forward to when we meet again for our next World Cup.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
jesper
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby jesper » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:51 am

Long time no see...Cannot seem to fall asleep, so for some reason I thought of how the koa guys are doing. :|

Hope that our Italian friends are coping with the crisis. Simply chocking state of affairs there. Forza Italia!

Denmark is also on lock down. Been working from home for over a week now. I live in Frederikshavn in Northern Denmark. We rely heavily on tourist from Sweden and Norway. The news today was that the local hostel went bankrupt and our ferry connection to Oslo, Norway will close permanently.

Overall, however, danish politicians have stepped up fortunately. New initiatives every day to help companies, workers and the unemployed.

Keep strong everyone.
You cannot avoid the Google [Bot]
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:16 am

Hi Jesper. Yes, long time. Devestating news about Frederikshavn. Been through there lots in my younger days. I read the same yesterday, or the day before, that Stena Line would close the route permanently. Hopefully things will improve when this has run it's course.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Vag

Postby Vag » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:54 am

I don't know how I missed that... John I wish everything's OK with you and your wife.

I'm pissed off with some people, they don't care about anything or they don't realize what's going on! I have customers who want to come to my shop to collect products, even though it's not allowed. It doesn't matter how much they insist, I don't allow them to come, but it's very annoying. Today (curfew started today), one said he really needs to collect a cable today, because he has to go to his village!
Click here and here.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Sorry to read that mate. It just goes to show how little we understand about this, when getting a cable is more important than one's health.
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Vag

Postby Vag » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:13 am

I had two idiots yesterday. The other one came by bike, he parked right outside and tried to come inside. That wasn't allowed even before the curfew!

People think that the first symptoms are cough, sneezing, fever, tiredness. Wrong, the first symptom is itch. An itch that makes you want to go out :-)
Click here and here.