An adventure game recommendation

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

Abyss

An adventure game recommendation

Postby Abyss » Fri May 24, 2013 5:55 am

This would probably be old news for adventure games lovers, but since the last adventure I played was Broken Sword, this is new for me.

I bought from GOG and played a game called Resonance, which I found very interesting. Puzzles that make sense (even though are a bit on the easy side so far ~ 20% through the game), interesting characters, funny writing that doesn't desperately try to be funny, a control system that allows the player to explicitly bring up subjects he choses in dialogs, no pixel hunting... all in all, I suggest you give it a try.

It's a detective story that has the player controlling four characterts, trying to solve a mystery - I won't say more so as to avoid any spoilers.
alkis21

Re: An adventure game recommendation

Postby alkis21 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:58 am

Seconded. After my recommendation, PC Master magazine voted for it as the best adventure of 2012. I've known the developer, Vince Wesselmann, for years from the AGS forum and also the publisher Dave Gilbert who has developed some great games of his own. Furthermore, the music was written by the same composer who did the music in Diamonds in the Rough, Nikolas Sideris.

Speaking of which, Spyros, when are you going to play my game?

The amount of awesome adventure games released in the past year - year and a half is astonishing. From the expensive production Lost Chronicles of Zerzura to the amazing indie psychological thriller The Cat Lady, I believe that as far as adventure games are concerned the 2010's are the new 1990s!
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November