2013 - Transfer watch

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

2013 - Transfer watch

Postby durban » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:30 am

Come on KOA lets have a discussion about something!!!!

Liverpool have just bought Sturridge for 12M

Is that a great deal? hes a 'good' player and a steal for 12M in my opinion, but whether he will fit into the Liverpool 'way' I am not sure....poor lad if he doesn't...Anfield seems to be the place to go to either END your career, or make one...depends who you are.

Liverpool also talking to Xabi Alonso...31 years old so I hope we would get him 'cheaply' I think we still have a clause to get him back from Real as first refusal or something, and they don't seem to want to extend him anymore...classy player, I would still have him back at 31 as long as the price is right. Without doubt the biggest blow to Liverpool over the past few years was him leaving, we have NEVER recovered.....

Man City are after Higuain!!! does anyone else have nightmares of them having Higuain and Aguero up front...OMFG, thats in my opinion the worlds greatest potential strike partnership! Scary!
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2013 - Transfer watch

Postby durban » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Llorente available on a Free in July could spark some crazy bidding in the Jan window for his signature....great player...well maybe not GREAT but very good on his day.
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:34 pm

7M for Ba?

Hes a great finisher, but 7m sounds a little short for a modern day striker? Feel Newcastle have been fooked over there, which is sad but the way of the game these days....

You buy an unknown player, he plays well for you and then you lose him to a bigger club with more pulling power :(

Stupid game, I remember the old days, Ian Rush we got at a steal no one would have dared tried to get him off us after one season :(
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Zaha being a major talking point in this window.

Again hes a great striker for his level, but you know what happens...he does really well in the championship then Arsenal or Chelsea or Man U or someone buy him for 'peanuts' leaving his old club with no striker and not that much money....and then they just put him on the bench until until they get around to loaning him out to Wigan or someone for 3 years :(
Binary
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Binary » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Regarding transfers in general...

...I DONT WANT GUARDIOLA ON MY BAYERN!!!!!

There I've said it. If he wins the CL convincingly I may change my mind though! :D
World Cup 2015 Bronze Cup/Steve Screech Cup Winner

aka "The Kick Off 2 Hustler" and officially the best Portuguese Kick Off player living in Ireland.