Something must be done about these clowns

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

Something must be done about these clowns

Postby alkis21 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Skip to 0:48 for the best replay, this is beyond disgraceful.

They're everywhere! And they more they are left unpunished, the more blatantly they destroy football. I think they have gradually become one of the biggest problems in the sport. Send this homo home for a year and see if he ever does it again.
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Re: Something must be done about these clowns

Postby Steve Camber » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Video remove by the user. Got any other sources?
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 pm

I searched around but I couldn't find it. The player is Wolfsburg's Mario Mandzukic, but every article I found points to the same video.
manicx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manicx » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:12 am

http://rutube.ru/tracks/3748275.html?v= ... e9ee9696aa

Russia is the savior (they have ads with sexy Russian girls in the beginning). Around 6:20... Someone shot poor Mandzukic!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:43 am

dnielsen

Postby dnielsen » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:51 pm

I cannot but agree. There should simply be a line where every deliberate dive (without contact) automatically results in a 1-day suspension. And where severe cases like this one results in a longer suspension. Start with Ronaldo and all the fuckers from Barcelona's team who do it week in and week out (apart from being incredible football players).

I think that this is something that is really a plague for football in these years. Two decades ago one major plague was all the passes back to the keeper to kill time. Three decades ago it was all the crazy tackles that went completely unpunished. [look up matches with Maradona in Barcelona, there are examples of tackles where the defender went straight for Maradona's legs (the ball went the other way), but where the referee found that just a freekick was all that was warranted. The 80es were absolutely brutal, the hardest time ever for attackers, and this is why I laugh when I hear young kids say that Maradona and the others had it easier back then because the game was slower. Hell no, the 80es were the toughest time ever for attackers, and it's silly to think that the defenders back then were slackers in any sense at all].

I think and believe that this Hollywood stuff of these years is something that Fifa will and must address within the next few years. Every goddam football fan is outraged about it, and it sets such an incredibly bad example for young kids as well.

Btw, take a look at the WC final of 1970 between Brazil and Italy. Pele was an absolute outrage in that final, pretending to be oh so hurt at a time where they were already up 4-1 (dragging time for several minutes after a completely harmless situation), and also in many other situations to make up for his abysmal performance in that game. Pure primadona (he played like shit apart from his goal and assist). To judge from earlier video clips, he was truly a revolutionary player and mastered it all well ahead of his time, but it seems like his attitude was shit (at least in his later years), and this kind of fake shit that is so prevalent in today's game ought to be addressed with the harshest measures possible.

It's not at all a question of whether football should be a contact or no-contact game, it's simply a question of whether we will accept the most unsportslike behavior to take a place in our game or not. Every goddam Ronaldo dive is a precursor for stuff like what happened in the clip of this thread.
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Im presuming the video shows a player diving? If so, they should simply retrospectively suspend the player for 5 games. Sorted.
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:32 pm

Is that why Waynie's not playing KO2 any more? He got suspended in retrospect for all his scummy dives, so he's out for the next decade?
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:34 am

Cant agree more with you about diving and timevasting in football. It can really ruin a good game. I backed a game the other week to be rather goalrich, it started well, but in the second half a few players started to roll around on the pitch. Everyone following that match had to see these doctors running into the pitch over and over again...for nothing.

But it is just like that issue with goaldetection, we discussed that during this summer after the England - Germany match, FIFA is sooo slow taking action. In comparisation with other sports football is just extremely slow making important changes. That and Blatters reign is the real problem.

But is it not amusing, things that is so annoying in real football can be really funny in kickoff2. I have never played another football game where it is possible to dive over sliding players. Up here we have our friend Kent that loses temper totaly when that happens, of cource you just must dive when playing him :lol:
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:32 am

Has anyone besides Dagh watched the video? You're all off topic!

This thread is not about diving, it's about players who pretend they are hit by an opponent, trying to fish for a red card.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:58 am

Checked the video. Ridiculous, stupid motherf****er.

It's not diving, but it's closely related.
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Abyss

Postby Abyss » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:52 am

alkis21 wrote:Has anyone besides Dagh watched the video? You're all off topic!

This thread is not about diving, it's about players who pretend they are hit by an opponent, trying to fish for a red card.

LOL - I wanted to post that last night but you all seemed so happy with the discussion, agreeing with each other :)

This kind of behavior that is getting quite common is so out of the spirit of sports, that I can't even imagine the right punishment.
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:59 am

I´ve tried in vain to watch it, Alkis. The clip has been removed, also the other link that were posted below your original post is not working. Out of topic or not, I stand by my comments about timewasting.

alkis21 wrote:Has anyone besides Dagh watched the video? You're all off topic!

By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...