Any Team, Any League, Anywhere! (The Club Footy Thread)

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Re: Any Team, Any League, Anywhere! (The Club Footy Thread)

Postby Tripod » Tue May 21, 2013 7:35 am

Abyss wrote:It's amazing that Dortmund, finishing even below Olympiakos last year in the CL group round, has reached this level (whereas Olympiakos... never mind).

It's a mysterious disease which befell a number of Bundesliga clubs, except Bayern, playing well in the Bundesliga but finishing bottom of their CL group. Schalke, Bremen, Leverkusen all had this problem. And Dortmund's last Bundesliga season was really good, defending their title, but still they sucked in the CL. While this year their Bundesliga campaign had it's ups and downs while reaching the CL final.

And poor Rodolfo, a season without title. While Hertha hasn't seen a title in... 82 years now, but who's counting?
WC Performances 2003: 28/31 - 2004: 14/43 - 2005: 17/63 - 2006: 31/50 - 2008: 12/41 - 2009: 14/34 - 2010: 24/46
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Disgraceful indeed Alex but not as bad as Birmingham's season in England's 2nd tier, I'm afraid. Our new manager Lee Clark has taken us from genuine promotion chasers to relegation battlers, with pretty much the same team. LC has looked out of his depth at various points, but a good run-in left us among the mid-table also rans. These are difficult times, however, with matters off the pitch still over-shadowing everything. Owner, Carson Yeung's money laudering trial has finally gotten underway in Hong Kong and until this resolves, the wilderness years beckon. Things got so bad at one point I even contemplated turning to the dark side, and supporting the Villa!!!

Still, great to hear of Hertha's superb season. 8) Good that some of our teams are doing well.
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:27 pm

No action for a year. Topic unsticked. If there's any interest we'll either make a new topic or revamp this.
-----------------------------
Silver Cup 2019, LAA 2015, reigning Scandinavian Champ
Founder of FÖKOF, FAKO and The People's Lockout!
WC-Host 2014 and 2017
Il portiere è mongoloide!
http://www.yearnlydom.rocks
I'm a Norwegian boy, I make rock music