I've had enough!

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

I've had enough!

Postby Wonka » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Can someone please tell me what individual/individuals feels it's important to still tell the world that I was banned from two world cups? This is really beginning to piss me off.

When someone googles my name, the KO-gathering wiki index clearly displays this negative information and it really isn't doing me any favours in my professional life. In fact, it's already cost me a few jobs and I've just found out that a company didn't want to interview me because of it!

Information has already been altered by someone here, saying that I am now a welcome participant in all competitions, but they obviously felt it was important to leave the negative stuff there. Please. Can somebody help me out here, this is really quite serious. Thanks.

http://www.ko-gathering.com/wiki/index. ... _Fullarton
Wonka: 4th member of the England world cup heroes along with Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.
Abyss

Re: I've had enough!

Postby Abyss » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Apparently, this page can't be edited by normal wiki users. I believe Durban can change it.
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:46 pm

well... what is it they say? What comes around, goes around.?

dude, learn, at least, from this that the internet is a place where you don't wan't you name spoilet, so it might be a good idea to control oneself.
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:22 am

Durban has no access to this as I am just a normal user (the wiki is not under my control!)

Maybe try to contact fillipo?
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:47 am

Freshmaker wrote:well... what is it they say? What comes around, goes around.?

dude, learn, at least, from this that the internet is a place where you don't wan't you name spoilet, so it might be a good idea to control oneself.

Mate, I got over being silly on the forums a long long time ago. And my past doesn't give anyone the right to splatter negative information about me on the internet that's force fed to people the second they google my name.

There are stupid things I've done in the past, and, as a result, the KOA banned me from playing a game I love. I think we can pretty much call it even. But forcefeeding the world negative information about me is just lily-livered, venomous, and totally out of line. Soemone is responsible for it, and they have no fucking right to do it!

Yes, I have left controversial messages on other forums and feel very proud for having the courage to do it, but if someone attacks me on other forums I can at least defend myself and justify my reason. I am a human being after all, and I don't exactly go around murdering people. Ffs I'm the 2002 world champion!

There are many things that the KOA could have left on the wiki - why does it have to be information that jeopardises my welfare? I'll find out who this person is though, and if they don't do anything about it, perhaps I'll think of something nasty too.
Wonka: 4th member of the England world cup heroes along with Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters.
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:49 am

durban wrote:Durban has no access to this as I am just a normal user (the wiki is not under my control!)

Maybe try to contact fillipo?

Fillipo eh ... That sounds about right. Anyone know how I can contact him?
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:53 pm

I have tried many time to amend the info, whilst I can add stuff I cannot delete any and to be honest I don't understand the Wiki at all :(
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:10 pm

durban wrote:I have tried many time to amend the info, whilst I can add stuff I cannot delete any and to be honest I don't understand the Wiki at all :(

I know mate, and it's very decent of you and something I really appreciate. Someone is responsible for this though, and I need to get it sorted. I just can't understand why they feel it's so necessary to display this negative information.
Wonka
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Wonka » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:12 pm

There's more fucking information about being banned from tournaments than there is about my greatness!
Steve1977
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Steve1977 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:12 pm

You'v lost jobs because you got banned from attending KO2 World Cups? Mate, around here you'd lose your job for ATTENDING a KO2 World Cup! :lol:

Seriously though, we'r all adults here and if we dislike anyone then we just ignore them (on the forum you can set someone to 'foe' so you don't see their posts) and when you meet up...well we all know that everyone is cool with everyone else in real life and if not? Just ignore them.

Just log into Wiki and change it?
World Cup 2009 - 8th Place
World Cup 2008 - 19th Place
Bounty Bob
5000+ Poster!
5000+ Poster!

Postby Bounty Bob » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:48 pm

We have a wiki?
Freshmaker

Postby Freshmaker » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:39 am

Don't misunderstand Rikki, I fully sympathise with you. The point I'm trying to make here is that it's a lot less smart to be a fool on the web then what you'd think in the moment you put your shit online. And let's face it, you've put loads of shit out there... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note though that if I could've helped you removing stuff I'd be glad to. Just hope you keep up your good spirits.

And attend some tourneys ffs.
-----------------------------
Jørn F.M.
Founding member of FÖKOF (and FAKO).
The Aftertouch Podcast.
Wayne's and Nick's Carreer Ender
Manager of The People's Lockout!
Il portiere è mongoloide!
Tripod
2000+ Poster!
2000+ Poster!

Postby Tripod » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:34 am

That be a lesson to all of us - the web never forgets.

Check out this story about two German murderers who are now out of prison and would like their names deleted from online archives. In Germany this was mostly successful, courts agree they paid their debt to society and should be allowed anonymity, but the web's everywhere...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/us/13 ... ayr&st=cse
WC Performances 2003: 28/31 - 2004: 14/43 - 2005: 17/63 - 2006: 31/50 - 2008: 12/41 - 2009: 14/34 - 2010: 24/46