ICO Soccer

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

TheFoxSoft

ICO Soccer

Postby TheFoxSoft » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi guys, i'm back again on KO-gathering!
If some of you wonder how the hell i was doing in the last year well the answer is in the following lines. I was involved on my first commercial game ICO SOCCER developed on Nintendo DS.

Here is the official announcement.

Ico Soccer DS

A breakthrough from all you´ve played on a portable console. Don´t think about FIFA or PES. Ico Soccer is different: it uses the DS to bring a completely touch-based soccer experience.
Ico Soccer is different from the other soccer games: a completely touch-based soccer experience
Alternate between easy and pro mode
Dribble or pass? Your choice. you can choose among different kind of passages, each one corresponding to a different icon.
Then shoot! You can press the Shoot icon, but there´s another way to do that.Try to shout “Shoot!” in the microphone. You´ll like it.
Ico Soccer lets you work on formation, substitution and tactics with a comprehensive menu.
Drag players to change their role, alter the formation according to your tactics or just make the change that will help you win.
Sometimes it´s not a matter of a specific course of action, it´s only attitude.The balance bar is here to help: with a simple drag you can tell your team how hard they need to play.
Each player is the combination of 12 different parameters that influence his behaviour on the field.

http://www.blackbeangames.com/

Hope you'll find this news interesting.

cheers,
Gianluca
Steve Camber
Mad! 7000+ poster!
Mad! 7000+ poster!

Re: ICO Soccer

Postby Steve Camber » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:54 pm

Wow!

Good work champ! :D
--
SteveC - Kick Off engineer - Ranked somewhere waaaay down the list
18 Dec 2003 - "One day I'm going to disassemble the 68000 code, and find out exactly what's going on in there!! "

Ask me about online KO2 :)
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi, this looks great !!!.

Can we get a torrent for this?
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
Rodolfo
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Rodolfo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:53 pm

:lol:

I am very glad to have you back, and hope that you will do very well with that game!

Besides that I also hope to have the Troiano brothers in Voitsberg!

Rodolfo Martín. KO2 Player. KOA member since 2002. FEKO # 1.
Davetoast
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby Davetoast » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Get Back in Touch With Portable Soccer Games

Company: Black Bean
Date: 19 Feb 2009
Milan, Italy – 18th February, 2009 – Black Bean Games and Artematica Entertainment strengthen their partnership with the release of a new concept game for soccer, due by the end of June. Ico Soccer has been thought for Nitendo DSTM and represents a game based mainly on logic and strategic analysis rather then reflexes and strong licence.

Ico Soccer is a touch-based soccer experience that brings the player to be the team manager, interacting on team formation, substitution and tactics. Through Nintendo DS Stylus and visual icons, representing the different actions of the match, the player can move the entire team according to his strategy. With the balance bar, placed at the bottom of the fully fledged screen, the player is perfectly aware of the attitude of the team through the entire match.

Every soccer player is a combination of 12 parameters that the coach needs to become familiar with in order to influence the result of the game in the correct way. Depending on the role of the soccer player, these parameters change the behaviour of the player on the field.

Ico Soccer offers two different game modes: the Easy one, apt for beginner players who manage the balance board influencing the strength of the team, or the
Pro mode where the player has the complete control over strategy, formation and game action.
The player can choose whether to have a Quick Match in few minutes, to run for an entire World Championship or just do some Practice on game analysis.
In any case, statistics will keep updated the overview of the coach performances.

Accordingly to Artematica Entertainment graphic style, comic panels appear on the top screen to show what is happening on the filed: referee showing yellow card, crowd crying for foul or for a goal.

About Black Bean Games
Black Bean Games is the publishing label of Lago S.r.l., which is part of the Leader Group. Leveraging 20 years of market experience and knowledge, Black Bean is ideally positioned to launch games coming both from internal and external development teams, harnessing strong licenses, original IPs and focusing on three main areas: Racing, Family & Lifestyle and Action-Adventure games.

For further information about Black Bean Games and its products, visit the following web site:
http://www.blackbeangames.com

About Artematica Entertainment
Artematica is one of the most active Italian videogame developers, founded in 1996 by the team in charge of I PLAY 3D SOCCER, the first 3D soccer game released on Amiga in 1990. Artematica boasts a series of international acclaimed titles, such as BELIEF&BETRAYAL, DUCATI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and award-winnig MARTIN MYSTERE (a.k.a. Crime Stories).

http://www.gamershell.com/companies/black_bean/558596.html
Final Whistle Crusader and President of The FWA.
Torchiador
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Torchiador » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Bentornato!

I'll wait for 19th June!
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:00 pm

I was going to contact you Gianluca after I heard about the earthquake, I'm glad to hear you're more than OK. :)
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
hogstrom
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby hogstrom » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:50 pm

- Welcome back, agents 10 and 1!
By car, Kickoff2-record traveller! Ostersund/Dusseldorf +3,750 km during +55 hours
Wcups: 2005 (29:th), 2006 (15:th), 2007 (6:th), 2008 (6:th), --, 2010 (12:th), --, --, --, 2014 (5:th), 2015 (12:th)...
JZ

Postby JZ » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Congratulazioni Gianluca!

I'll keep a look out for that, sounds interesting
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Gladiator was better :lol:

Good work Gianluca! :)
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri May 29, 2009 4:18 pm

for more info check the official website:
http://www.icosoccer.com

check screenshots and movie page, you'll get an idea about the game
TheFoxSoft

Postby TheFoxSoft » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:16 am

It seems today ICO Soccer is out on european stores :wink:
Menace
1000+ Poster!
1000+ Poster!

Postby Menace » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Congratulations Gianluca! I know it It feels great to see something you have worked on in a shop! =)
Dennis Hansen - http://protomenace.wordpress.com
Creative Director - http://www.bigbitegames.com

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea' Eric Cantona