Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Re: Command and Camber

Postby JamesHBeard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:16 pm

What a ridiculous comment.

You won 2 games, I won 1 game.. that is hardly a pounding of Scrin owning the other factions.. and you have to admit that the coastline game you were very lucky to win as you had zero stuff left apart from a few tier1 units.. and had no idea where my cyard was.... (in fact I gave you the win as I could have drove over the bridge and destroyed it with my nod bikes.. you would then have had no way of repairing it as you could not build barracks for engineer .. so we would have had to declare the game void.. :D but I felt sorry for ya.. so sold my cyard to give you the win..)

Add to that the fact I have played 50% less games with NOD as I have with SCRIN and I would suggest that you will be sulking and complaining and saying you "played badly" more and more often if I continue to play as NOD, against your overpowered SCRIN forces....

Additonal to that, my recent trail of results against SteveC and Teslaboy would indicate, based on your logic, that NOD are vastly overpowered compared to GDI..
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:17 pm

I am soo looking forward to rejoining these games......... :(
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Well, this is a consequence of attempted bullying in my first week, by JB who thought it would be good to pummel the new guy using Scrin and pretend that they are not advantaged in any way. I was able to see from the outset the imbalance in the game but I was treated with contempt and ridicule. Now I have the proof of it. Even now, despite all these consecutive victories against players with 3x the games played compared to me, every single win I have achieved is pulled down in some way. You were lucky, I got kicked out the office, I gave you the game as I felt sorry for you, you were lucky again, I am having a bad day. etc etc

We have about 50% of games in the lobby saying NO SCRIN but still James is claiming all three factions are evenly balanced. This is because if he admits that Scrin are way better, it indirectly means that all the wins he built his reputation on were achieved with an unfair advantage. Which is too much for him to admit. So now he is clinging to this claim that Scrin have no advantage. Which means that my 8 wins over Steve and him are all individually lucky/flukes etc because Scrin are no better and I am not a better player.

What complete bollocks. How can someone go on and be consistently lucky like this..... nonsense.

Scrin have a whole array of units that can't be competed with. Buzzers and Disintegrators are cheap and extremely powerful giving Scrin a headstart in any game. Their refineries seem to collect Tiberium at about 150% the speed of GDI/Nod's. Seeker/GunWalker is a very versatile combo that works against anything, and once you get onto a group of 8 or more Tiberium-charged Devastators, the game is won for you. Storm Riders are the best unit in the game as they swarm around and cannot be targeted. Plus they can be 'based' for repairs with a single click and come back fully healed. Who even needs PACs?

Nod can hold out against this longer, by hiding and raiding, but they lack a unit with killer punch. Avatars are decent land units but slow and expensive and weak against airpower, which Scrin excel at.

GDI can beat Scrin but only if they can assemble a group of 6-10 Mammoths which can cross the map and fight off air attacks. But if the Scrin player does their job, GDI shouldn't even get the chance to survive this long.

However, what do I know, I am just lucky.
Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Get on MSN will you.
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Why is it Robert that you are the only person who seems to have a problem with losing games?

I said to you I enjoyed all my 1v1s last night.. I enjoy losing when I realise the other player did better than me or when I realise I fecked up with some mistakes.. its no odds to me.

Yet when you LOST AGAINST NOD you dismissed it immediately by saying you played crap.. and in the other game I won as NOD agasint you recently.. you blamed it on harvesters having a break..

Can you just be graceful in defeat for a change? It would certainly make me happier to get some acknowledgement from you that I am OK at this game.. rather than always being substandard in RTS games to the mightly Swifty... my wins against you seem to be lucky flukes according to your comments.. no matter what.

Now you are competitive at the game.. try being positive instead of on the abuse all the time.

As for my early bullying, I still have no idea what you are referring to.. did u lose a game to me or something ? oh thats not acceptable in SwiftWorld is it !! ffs.
UKC - Winner 2005

Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:01 pm

JamesHBeard wrote:Why is it Robert that you are the only person who seems to have a problem with losing games?

I don't know what you're talking about.... just two defeats in my last twelve 1v1's. That's 4-2 against you in Scrin/Nod and 6-0 against Steve in Scrin/GDI. Only one of these defeats was last night. Your problem is that you won't accept that the game has a tactical imbalance. Your logic is pretty shite really, Robert is not winning due to using Scrin, he is not winning due to being better, therefore he is winning due to being lucky.....over 12 games. You just look like a nincompoop now.

I don't get it....I am giving you the honorable exit here. We are all about equal as players, but I am winning most and Steve is winning least because Scrin is the most powerful faction and GDI is weak. Why is that hard to accept? I am not even claiming to be better than you but NOOOOOOOO....... it has to be put down to me being lucky.

Who is the bad loser here? Not me....I am not losing.
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:05 pm

Ah.. you finally cocked up in your comments.

So.. once you retract your original comment on your loss from last night, we can move forwards in this debate.

This is the specific logic that I have a problem with, that you have declared.

IF James wins against Robert, then Robert must have played crap.
IF Robert wins against James then Robert played better than James.
UKC - Winner 2005

Robert

Postby Robert » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:16 pm

I think I have to put this down as my most crushing BvB win ever. You are too scared to come on MSN still. And too scared to accept my challenge to have a run of Scrin vs Scrin games.

This is why I didn't want to play the Tournament last night that you insisted on having. I knew there would be tears afterwards, especially if I used Scrin. But you pushed for it with your logout-to-win-arguments technique.

It's not so much C&C you need to worry about, your BvB powers are clearly weakened. Rage is not gonna get you through this one versus quality of argument.

I reckon you will uninstall soon.
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:00 pm

LOL , you want to play SCRIN v SCRIN to steal more of my ideas as you are running low on ideas on how to improve your gameplay...

I am sticking with NOD for the foreseable future so you will need to find some other sucker to steal tactics from..

I reckon you will be complaining that NOD and GDI are overpowereed soon.. and then you will uninstall.
UKC - Winner 2005

JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:34 am

Robert Swift wrote:I think I have to put this down as my most crushing BvB win ever. You are too scared to come on MSN still. And too scared to accept my challenge to have a run of Scrin vs Scrin games.

I will not be playing as Scrin against you until I prove you wrong and confirm that the sides are all well balanced. If the top ladder players are happy with NOD and GDI, then so am I. Once my NOD forces continually batter you and you are forced to retract your Scrin overpowered statement, we can progress to random factions, which is what most official tournaments require you to use. However I will also be happy to acknowedge that you are just better than me.. if I feel that way. It makes no odds to me.

This is why I didn't want to play the Tournament last night that you insisted on having. I knew there would be tears afterwards, especially if I used Scrin. But you pushed for it with your logout-to-win-arguments technique.

What tears ? Who was crying? You moaned more than anyone else when you lost.. so you were the only one crying. you seem to imply that only I wanted to play the 1v1 tournament, however KO2CV and Teslaboy were both up for it as well.

The plan was meant to be that we played the tournament and then finished the night with some awesome 2v2 games, however we ran out of time......

It's not so much C&C you need to worry about, your BvB powers are clearly weakened. Rage is not gonna get you through this one versus quality of argument.

Your argument has no quality because you are arguing on issues that are false and events that never happened. How about you simply try enjoying playing the game and leave us lot to do the same, rather than always trying to prove a point...??? Alternatively, if you are not happy with losing some games of C&C3 against your friends, then you can always uninstall and play single player Empire Total War against the A.I......

I reckon you will uninstall soon.
UKC - Winner 2005

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 am

I will stick to Durban vs 1 Hard Cpu I think :( :( :(
No longer the only UK based Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Crewe supporter in the whole of the KOA!!!
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:27 am

durban wrote:I will stick to Durban vs 1 Hard Cpu I think :( :( :(

Now now mate.. don't let Roberts outbursts spoil it for you.. you were having a good time against me and Camber..
UKC - Winner 2005

durban
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby durban » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:08 pm

....but he spoils everything mate....he copies your ideas and takes them as his own...

I mean he has even started supporting Nottingham Forest because of me ffs :( :( :)