France - England

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

Setzer
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

France - England

Postby Setzer » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Tonight, before the kick-off, there'll be one silent minute to the memory of Thierry Gilardi. This journalist was one of the most famous sports' journalist in France (especially football and rugby). Heartbreak took him (at 49 years old) to the grave, yesterday. Sad day for football in France.

In your countries, how this kind of event is managed ?

Otherwise, I'm curious to watch how Capello's team will work.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Re: France - England

Postby gdh82 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:19 pm

Setzer wrote:In your countries, how this kind of event is managed ?

Otherwise, I'm curious to watch how Capello's team will work.

Yeah, we often have one-minutes silence and sometimes one-minutes applause, which another good way of showing respect.

And I'll interested too to see how the 'New' England is playing :?:

David Beckham will win his 100th cap from the start of England's friendly with France in Paris.

Beckham takes his place in a 4-2-3-1 formation and is alongside Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard playing in front of Owen Hargreaves and Gareth Barry.

Wayne Rooney will play on his own up front while captain Rio Ferdinand partners John Terry, Ashley Cole and Wes Brown at the back
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
JamesHBeard
The guru!
The guru!

Postby JamesHBeard » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:34 am

New England.. looks pretty much the same as Old England to me..

No idea on how to attack and score goals.. and useless defending and goal keeping..

Trouble for me is.. we have a crap Rugy Union team as well.. so got no country team worth watching anymore..

Maybe angling, darts or shooting?
WC - QF 2001,2002, SilverCup Winner 2006, Best Defence 2006
UKC - Winner 2005
Newent 2008 Championship Winner

Hi ! My name is James and I have been KO2 free since 8th March 2009.
gdh82
6000+ Poster!
6000+ Poster!

Postby gdh82 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:27 am

Fortunately I missed the match but saw a news report - we didn't create a single shot on goal!!! :shock: Early days though...
All the goals, the stats, the stories & more from the KO2 WC 2011 - please click here

And click here for everything you'll ever need to know about KO2!
Setzer
Posting is free!!!
Posting is free!!!

Postby Setzer » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:43 pm

It was the first match of Capello, wasn't it ? So, let him work at his own pace. He's working for WC'10, not EURO'08. Capello is a great trainer, he'll do a good job with England.

France wasn't better, even if we have 2-3 actions... We scored on penalty... So great... Without Vieira, Ribéry, Sagnol and Anelka, it seems we are fragile. Our GK Coupet has lost his self-confidence, Landreau (GK n°2) has the same problem, and for 3rd GK, we have : Frey, Mandanda or Lloris... The two last names were not really great in A' match against Mali. Mandanda missed some movements, Lloris took 2 goals.

And our trainer has problems with Trézéguet, Pirès and Giuly. They could add some juice in the game, even if I personnaly doubt about it... I hope Valbuena will be OK for next test match.

The match yesterday was boring.