Discuss the 7th Harry Potter book (SPOILERS)

Talk about everything but Kick Off.

Moderator: Moderators

alkis21

Discuss the 7th Harry Potter book (SPOILERS)

Postby alkis21 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:50 am

This if for people who have read all 7 Harry Potter novels ONLY. It is not for those who have JUST seen the 5 movies and certainly not for the Muggles who want to make fun of the series. There are MAJOR SPOILER below so this is your last chance to leave this thread.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Let me start by saying that I loved the ending. I never bought Snape's treason for a minute; however, I also thought Dumbledore would turn up alive and the fact that he was already dying caught me by surprise. I loved the final duel between Harry and Voldemort. And although I'm not much into "hapily ever after" endings, I loved that too.

I had several questions while I was reading the series. As soon as I completed them, I went online and it turned out that most of them had more or less satisfactory answers. There are however some that I still haven't resolved, and I was wondering whether I'm missing something.

Here they are:

My first question is the one that baffles me the most: In the 4th book, why did Crouch Jr (disguised as Moody) bother to set up this whole Triwizard tournament thing and put Harry's name in the hat, if all he wanted him to do was to touch the trophy-portkey? Wouldn't it have been simpler to just transform, I don't know, a book, into a portkey and ask him to fetch it?

If Harry is a horcrux, how come he keeps getting hurt in all books? The whole point about horcruxes is that they're indestructible by regular means.

Why was Harry's mission in the 7th book such a big secret? Why couldn't he resort to the members of the Order for help? Is that ever explained?

How did Nagini (disguised as Bathilda at the time) spot and recognize Harry and Hermione in front of Harry's house and asked them to follow it? They were polyjuiced and under the cloak. If the invisibility cloak is no match for Nagini or Voldemort, how come they did not see Harry when he approached them at the end of Voldemort's deadline?

Did Hagrid die?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November
Beckite
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Beckite » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:13 pm

Sad bastard alert!
“I drink too much. Will you tell me one great actor who doesn't drink?”

Robert Shaw

1927-1978
Thowra
3000+ poster!
3000+ poster!

Postby Thowra » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:19 pm

As far as I know Hagrid is alive... and I like this kind of talk!! Keep coming!
Latin American travel: http://www.thowra.com
Digital Equine: http://www.digitalequine.co.uk
WC 2005 Official Photographer
WC 2006 Co-Organiser
alkis21

Postby alkis21 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:25 pm

Yeah you're right of course, I read the epilogue again and saw that he was mentioned. I missed it the first time.

So what did you think of the last book, Claire?
Remember, remember, the 4th and the 3rd of November